To give you an insight into what DLA Piper is like and what it is to work in a first class international law firm, we offer a four month full time Trainee Programme for law students at the end of their studies. We want to offer our trainees the possibility to get familiar with broad range of challenges our lawyers meet. During the programme trainees work for all practice groups and assist our lawyers in their daily work.
The duties of trainees are very similar to those of freshly graduated lawyers. The duties will include for example legal research, translations and drafting of various documents, and contacting authorities. The Trainee Programme includes an induction and each trainee has an assigned personal tutor, who supports and mentors with the assignments. Trainees are welcome to participate in professional training events and other events organised by DLA Piper Helsinki.
You are a suitable candidate if you meet the following requirements:
- You are at the final stages of your law studies
- You have good understanding of the Finnish legal system
- You are excited to learn across different practice groups
- You have excellent social skills and full fluency in Finnish and English language
- You are service minded, you wouldn’t mind working under pressure or in hectic environment
- You are willing to commit yourself to a full time, four month fixed term traineeship
- Most importantly, you share our vision and values and would love to work with us in international atmosphere
By the end of your Trainee Programme, you will have a clearer understanding of where your talents and interests lie. The experience you'll have gained - and the networks you'll have nurtured - will provide a strong foundation for your future career!
We offer office Junior Trainee jobs mainly for 1st and 2nd year law students. The Junior Trainees work alongside their studies a couple of days per week. In the Junior Trainee job, you will run the daily errands of the office.