Markus Oksanen practices in general business law with an emphasis on commercial contracts, mergers & acquisitions and venture capital investments.
Markus possesses years of experience in ICT matters, advising corporate clients and IT suppliers in complex IT procurement and outsourcing transactions. Markus advises growth companies in various business and technology transactions, including negotiations of distribution, JV, licensing and franchising agreements, setting-up and running foreign subsidiaries, raising venture capital, and M&A transactions. Markus also advises institutional investors in private equity and hedge fund investments.
Markus participates actively in start-up ecosystem, in some cases also in the role of member of Board of Directors. Prior to starting in private practice, Markus worked as in-house counsel of technology companies.
- University of Helsinki, Master of Laws, 2001
- Finnish Bar Association
- Association of Finnish Lawyers
- Finnish IT Law Association
- 2003 to 2016, Partner, Associate, Finnish law firm
- 2000 to 2003, Legal Counsel, VDSL Systems Oy
- 1999 to 2000, Contract Consultant, Oracle Finland Oy
- Endorsed in The Legal 500 EMEA, 2019