Sami Rintala focuses on ICT and outsourcing matters as well as IP, privacy and media related assignments.
Sami has a proven track record in advising clients and negotiating complex commercial transactions involving technology and intellectual property rights. He has extensive experience in supporting strategic and global IT projects within various industries and jurisdictions, including large-scale IT infrastructure and application development and maintenance outsourcing, business process outsourcing, cloud computing, IT system deliveries as well as data security and privacy related matters. He advises clients on all phases of their transactions, from strategy development and bid preparation through final contract negotiations and implementation.
In addition to his career as an attorney, Sami has headed the global legal support for Nokia Information Capability Management and Indirect Sourcing functions. During his eight years at Nokia, Sami gained a keen understanding of business management of global IT and sourcing operations through membership in the leadership teams of the functions under his support.
- University of Helsinki, Master of Laws, 2002
- Umeå University, Master of Laws, thesis work on “Digital transfer on Internet of copyright protected material” (Laudatur), 2000
- Staffordshire University Law School, Studies in IT Law and International Law, 1999
- Finnish Bar Association
- 2014 to 2019, Partner, Head of ICT and Outsourcing, Finnish law firm
- 2004 to 2013, Director of Legal & IP, Nokia Corporation
- 2000 to 2004, Legal Counsel, Finnish law firm
- Endorsed in Chambers Global 2020, TMT in Finland, Band 3
- Endorsed in Legal 500 EMEA, TMT