Petri Morelius has experience in cross-border transactions with particular focus on mergers and acquisitions, also providing general corporate advice.
Petri has been involved in numerous complex M&A and joint venture cross-border transactions and participated in initial public offerings of several telecommunication companies. Recently, Petri has been increasingly active in domestic and cross-border real estate transactions.
He has gained extensive experience through his years in private practice, as well as in his in-house position at a leading Finnish telecommunication operator.
- Hanken School of Economics, MBA, 2004
- Trained at the Bench, 1993
- University of Helsinki, Master of Laws, 1992
- Finnish Bar Association
- International Bar Association
- 2007 to 2016, Partner, Finnish law firm
- 1996 to 1999, Senior Legal Counsel, TeliaSonera PLC (former Sonera)
- 1994 to 1995, Associate, Finnish law firm
- Representing ABRY Partners in its acquisition of DL Software and Cash-in Consulting in Vaasa, Finland and Computer Program Unit in Joensuu, Finland
- Advising Miab AB, the largest privately held cleaning services company in Sweden, on its acquisition of Finnish N-Clean
- Advising Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology and next-generation services, on the acquisition of Finland-based Fluido Oy, one of the largest Salesforce consulting partners in Europe
- Representing Urbaser S.A. in relation to their successful acquisition of RenoNorden AB and RenoNorden Oy from the bankruptcy estate of RenoNorden ASA
- Advising Maintpartner Group, a Nordic supplier of industrial maintenance and operation services, on the transfer of operation and maintenance services of several power plants and district heating networks in Finland, owned by Fortum Corporation
- Advising the Dutch shipping company, Spliethoff’s Bevrachtingskantoor B.V., on the acquisition of Bore Ltd from Rettig Group
- Endorsed in IFLR 1000 2020