Ari Savela is a leading lawyer in corporate law. His experience includes a full range of corporate law matters, including mergers, diffusions, capital structuring, broard liability issues, as well as corporate governance issues.
In addition to his LL.D. dissertation regarding hostile takeovers, Ari has published numerous books and articles on corporate law on topics such as liability for damage in limited liability companies. Since 2006, he has served as the editor-in-chief of Defensor Legis, the law review of the Finnish Bar Association. He has also participated in the preparatory work of the Finnish Companies Act.
Prior to joining private practice, Ari worked as researcher at the University of Helsinki and the University of Turku.
- University of Turku, Doctor of Laws, 1999
- University of Turku, Master of Laws, 1995
- Turku School of Economics, Master of Science in Economics and Business Administration, 1992
- Finnish Bar Association
- Association of Finnish Lawyers
- Finnish Association of Business School Graduates
- Finnish Association of Company Law
- 1999 to 2016, Partner, Associate, Finnish law firm
- 1999 to date, Docent in Commercial Law, University of Turku
- Expert on the liability rules of Finnish Companies Act 2001, Ministry of Justice, Finland
- 2013 to 2016, Chairman, Finnish Bar Association legal policy committee's group of experts on company law
- 2005 to 2013, Member, Finnish Bar Association legal policy committee's group of experts on company law
- 2006 to date, Editor-in-Chief, Defensor Legis (the law journal of the Finnish Bar Association)
- 1995 to 1999, Researcher in the field of company law, University of Turku and University of Helsinki
- Hostile takeovers and directors, Regulation of takeover defences in Finland, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union, Publications of the Faculty of Law of the University of Turku, Turku 1999
- Suomen kansainvälinen yhtiöoikeus [International corporate law in Finland], Talentum, Helsinki 2003
- Vahingonkorvaus osakeyhtiössä, [Liability for damage in a limited liability company], third revised edition, Talentum, Helsinki 2015